transforming a precinct
into one of Sydney’s most exciting creative hubs
My Role: Project Management, Stakeholder Management, Design, UX Design, Marketing, Systems Development
Team members: 3
- built an active database of +24,000
- attracted +400 local businesses as members / year
- gained exposure to website with +100,000 visits / month
- engaged +10,000 followers on social media
- attracted significant government and corporate sponsorship
The Chippendale Creative Precinct was a 5 year project to materialise a vision for the Precinct as Sydney’s newest and exciting creative hub. We developed a strategy for growing networks and bringing new audiences to Chippendale to transform the area through a series of initiatives that have had a lasting effect on the DNA of the area.
Initiatives were designed to bring together the creative community and showcase its diversity. These included:
- The BEAMS Arts Festival, an outdoor interactive festival that engaged all walks of life every September in the tapestry of Chippendale’s lane ways.
- The Chippendale New World Art Prize, offering artists the opportunity to apply and respond to brief with the winners attending international residencies of career building stature.
- Stakeholder engagement through networking events to concept new ideas for the community
- The guide to Chippendale and Surrounds
I worked with the Chippendale Creative Precinct from inception and was the enabler in the development of organization’s initiatives, systems, brand and customer experiences through all channels and touch points.
I lead the management and implementation of the CCP’s website and Customer Relationship Management infrastructure to handle memberships, payment and customer interaction. I designed and managed integrated media campaigns to capture audiences, gain media exposure and raise the profile of Chippendale.
I managed and coordinated stakeholder interests in the planning of the Gallery Guide to Chippendale and Surrounds, gathered participants and facilitated meetings.